Adolescent Inpatient Treatment For Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, And Self-harm
- Treatment program based on the principles of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), including relapse prevention and skills training in mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Specialized treatment and programming for patients with co-occurring alcohol and chemical dependency issues.
For adolescents with impulsive and disruptive behaviors
- Treatment program based on DBT and the Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) approach to help teens acquire skills to achieve behavioral control.
- Team approach to identify patients’ skill deficits and develop an effective intervention approach.
For adolescents with specialized learning, social and developmental needs
- Treatment program based on an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) approach, a reinforcement and reward based method of treatment, and a specialized mode of DBT.
- Focus on development of individualized short and long-term plans that directly address specific treatment and safety needs.
Adolescent Treatment For Gender Expression and Identity
Four Winds is committed to providing respectful and knowledgeable mental health treatment for LGBTQ youth (including adolescents identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender fluid).
- Treatment program based on the principles of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) including relapse prevention and skills training in mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Individualized needs assessment to ensure a comfortable treatment environment.
- Consultation with a Four Winds LGBTQ clinical specialist on individual cases.
- Work with patient and families to address therapeutic concerns, issues, and conflicts.
- Comprehensive resource information to provide additional education and support to patients and families.
All Programs include:
- A strong focus on family participation in treatment.
- Educational services provided through a dedicated learning center.
- Specialized groups and treatment plans for patients with alcohol and chemical dependency issues.
- Creative art therapies and physical activities.
- Discharge planning and coordination with outside community providers.
Click Here for Program Schedule and Treatment Team
To Make a Referral, Call:
1-914-763-8151 or 1-800-528-6624
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
A Referral, call:
24 Hours A Day,
7 Days A Week
The Learning Center
The Learning Center at Four Winds is designed to provide an educational component for children and adolescents as part of their individual treatment plan. School involvement during psychiatric treatment helps to provide part of the student’s normal daily routine and aids in continuing educational growth.
For more information about The Learning Center, please click here.
Recreational Therapy at Four Winds
Patients participate in a structured recreation program to work toward increasing self-esteem, appropriate self-expression, interacting appropriately with others, and improving physical well-being. Through various recreation activities they also will work on manners, age-appropriate social skills and play, and safer ways to handle frustration and anger, as well as acceptable ways to resolve conflicts with others.
For more information, please click here.