- Provides a nurturing, therapeutic, home-like environment integrating the principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis, which promotes positive reinforcement for improved socially appropriate behaviors.
- Units are divided into ages 5-10 and 10-12.
- A strong focus on family collaboration and participation in treatment, including, parenting skills education.
- Focus on developing social skills, mastering impulse control and promoting healthy communication.
- Integrated treatment program including creative art therapies and play, and physical activities.
- Educational services provided by licensed teachers that focus on integrating educational curriculum into each child’s therapeutic treatment plan.
- Discharge planning and coordination with outside community providers.
Click Here for Program Schedule and Treatment Team
To Make a Referral, Call:
1-914-763-8151 or 1-800-528-6624
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
A Referral, call:
24 Hours A Day,
7 Days A Week
Music and Art Therapy at Four Winds
All inpatients at Four Winds Hospital partake in Music and Theatre Arts Therapy. Individuals write songs with the help of templates that guide them to experience Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills and to describe how they could use those skills in real-life situations. In the theatre group, patients participate in short-form theatrical games while practicing decision-making skills, appropriateness and positive coping skills.
For more information, please click here.
The Learning Center
The Learning Center at Four Winds is designed to provide an educational component for children and adolescents as part of the individual treatment plan. School involvement during psychiatric treatment helps to provide part of the student’s normal daily routine and aids in continuing educational growth.
For more information about The Learning Center, please click here.